Mumbai: State anti-terrorism squad (ATS) chief Rakesh Maria said that they will be taking into custody four suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) members on November 1. Three accused are currently in judicial custody while the fourth is in police custody. The accused are suspected to have engineered and executed the August 1 Pune bomb blasts.
Last week, the ATS submitted a transfer warrant to a Delhi court to take custody of the four suspects—Asad Khan, Imran Khan, Feroz and Irfan Landge. The four were recently arrested by Delhi police’s special cell for allegedly carrying out the August 1 Pune serial blasts and planning major strikes in Delhi .
“The Delhi court gave the date of October 30 for three of the accused while the fourth accused is still in police custody. Hence, we will be taking combined custody of all four accused on November 1. To facilitate escorting and transport, it will be better if all are brought together,” said Maria.
Asad, Imran and Feroz are members of a module of LeT commander Fayyaz Kagzi. Landge was picked up and detained on October 5 by the special cell. Police said he was arrested from Jaipur.
The Times of India, October 30, 2012