Friday, June 20, 2014

Zinta returns on Saturday, says won't sell team stake

IPL's Raman Confirms Verbal Plaint

Mumbai: Sundar Raman, the IPL chief operating officer, on Thursday recorded his statement with the police in the Preity Zinta-Ness Wadia case as it became clear that the actor will return to the city on Saturday to give her side of the story to the Marine Drive police station.
Zinta also tweeted to dispel speculation that she might sell her stake in the IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab, which she owns along with the Wadia group scion, or that she might be settling in the US, where she is now .

In the other development in the case, the police on Thursday extended armed security outside the home as well as office of industrialist Nusli Wadia and registered a fresh case against gangster Ravi Pujari for threatening him and the group.

In her complaint on June 12, Zinta had said Ness misbehaved with her in public, pulled her by her hand and showered abuses after an IPL match at Wankhede Stadium on May 30.

Raman, in the statement recorded at the city's BCCI office, acknowledged that Zinta had verbally complained to her about the incident. Besides Raman, the police have got the statements of six witnesses, including IPL operations and logistics manager Ankit Baldi, and many have confirmed the incident. “Raman's statement is in affirmative about the verbal complaint. We wanted to record his statement since there was a mention of him in the complaint application.

Now we are waiting for the complainant to come and give a detailed statement,“ said Ravindra Shisve, zonal deputy police commissioner, clar ifying that Raman was the BCCI official mentioned in the FIR to whom Zinta had verbally complained after the May 30 match. Reports said Raman told the police she was upset and he had asked her to calm down and think before taking any action.
“The incident took place at three places, says the complaint. First, in front of the team staff, secondly , she said as she approached her seat, Wadia followed her, and thirdly , at the ground. We are verifying the details,“ added Shisve, refusing to name the witnesses citing security .

Zinta, who had left for the US after filing the complaint, is flying back after police chief Rakesh Maria spoke to her on Wednesday , asking her to return and record her statement. Ness Wadia's statement, too, hasn't been recorded.

The anti-extortion cell of the crime branch, which is probing the Pujari angle, is keen to find out how the extortionist got the phone num bers of Nusli Wadia's personal assistant. Sources said it is likely to question Zinta and Ness in the context. Also, the Wadia staffers who took Pujari's calls have been summoned on Friday to hear Pujari's recorded voice and try to identify if they had heard the same one.

On Tuesday , the Wadia group filed a complaint that it had received threat calls and an SMS that said: “Give message to Wadia don't f*** around with Preity Zinta or else I will f*** whole of your business. Don Ravi Pujari."

Investigators said Kings XI Punjab is yet to give details of the seating at the Wankhede pavilion, where the fight took place. The police are going through the footage of 230 CCTV cameras at Wankhede. “We have got footage of one (among 19) camera from the broadcasters. We are waiting for the remaining ones,“ said Shisve. “We have not got anything substantial from the CCTV footage yet."

The Times of India, June 20, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment