Tuesday, March 31, 2015

2 explosives `suppliers' in ATS custody

13/7 BLASTS -




Mumbai: The state's anti-terrorism squad has secured the custody of two people suspected to have provided explosives that were used in the July 13, 2011 triple bomb blasts that killed 27 in the city.
Those taken into custody include Dr Sayyed Ismail Lanka (36) and Saddam Hussain Khan (28), both from Karnataka. They were first arrested by Bengaluru police, in a terror case last month.

State ATS chief Himanshu Roy said, “The two accused provided explosive material and detonators to Ahmed Siddibapa alias Yaseen Bhatkal, Akhtar Hussain alias Haddi and Waqqas Saad on several ocassions.“
Roy added that prior to the blasts, Waqqas and Akhtar had gone to Karnataka to collect the explosives from Lanka and Khan. “Their interrogation will help establish the source from where the duo got the explosives,“ said Roy .
The ATS has so far arrested several accused in the 137 blast cases. Those behind bars in this case include Indian Mujahideen's (IM) suspected Indian chief, Yaseen Bhatkal.

--Mateen Hafeez 


The Times of India, March 31, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment